Battleships of WWII at Pearl Harbor
- Expert World War II Narration
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center
- Film Footage of Attacks
- Admission to Museums Included
- USS Arizona Memorial
- USS Battleship Missouri Deck Tour
- Historic Honolulu City Tour
- Punchbowl National Cemetery
- Hawaii Government Buildings
Local Tour Guides | Transportation | Hotel Pick Up-Drop | All Admissions | Arizona Memorial | Battleship Missouri | City Tour | Tour Features
A Day at Pearl Harbor is our most complete Pearl Harbor tour, featuring all of the museums and memorials of Pearl Harbor. Visit the USS Arizona Memorial, located above the wreckage of the sunken battleship. Remember and honor the heroes who lost their lives and view the Remembrance Wall, with the names of the heroes of December 7, 1941.
Take a guided tour with a docent on the top deck of the USS Missouri, and have time to discover this impressive battleship on your own. Navigate the tight corridors of the USS Bowfin Submarine known as “The Pearl Harbor Avenger” and learn about aviation history of the United States at the Pacific Aviation Museum, plus enjoy a driving tour of historic Downtown Honolulu, featuring the Iolani Palace (the only royal palace on US soil), the King Kamehameha Statue (featured on Hawaii Five-O) Hawaii State Capitol Building and a drive through Punchbowl National Cemetery with sweeping views overlooking Waikiki , Diamond Head and the city of Honolulu.
Discover the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial
- Ride aboard a Naval vessel to the Arizona Memorial on Battleship Row!
- See the “black tears of the Arizona” (Iridescent oil, still trickling to the top of the harbor surface from the U.S.S. Arizona after 70 years!)
- See actual artifacts from the attack--from both the Japanese and United States!
- Visit the gift shop for books, souvenirs and WWII memorabilia.
- Walk the grounds of the World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument with informative displays
- View battleship row, the U.S.S. Bowfin Submarine
- See the Headquarters of the U.S.S. Pacific Fleet
- Discover many Navy vessels that might include destroyers and carriers
What you’ll do: This tour begins when we pick you up at the Honolulu Arrival Terminal. While traveling to Pearl Harbor our expert guides will take you back in time with a historical recounting of the events leading up to the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Upon arrival at the World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument you’ll have a chance to explore the museum filled with historical artifacts and documents that further set the stage of the attack on Pearl Harbor. You’ll also see a historic film featuring archive footage of the actual attack! Then, you’ll board an official United States Navy vessel for a ride across the bay to the site of the Arizona Memorial--suspended above the sunken battleship where 1,177 sailors gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country. You’ll see Pearl Harbor from the same vantage as the sailors did that fateful morning and bear witness to the names of the fallen. Insightful and Unforgettable, this tour is a must for any trip to the islands.
WWII Valor in the Pacific National Monument
Difficulty Level: Easy
Time at Memorial: 2 hours approx.
- The 23 min. documentary of the attack might be emotional to some visitors
- There is a 10-15 minute Navy boat ride over to the Memorial
- Subject to close for stormy weather
- Should be able to walk 4 city blocks
Note: Behavior at the Memorials
The memorials are places of honor, inspiration, reflection, and quiet contemplation commemorating those who died during the attack of December 7, 1941. Visitors are asked to assist in maintaining an atmosphere of decorum and respect.
Explore the U.S.S. Missouri Battleship
- Admire the massive guns of the “Mighty Mo”
- Stand on the Surrender Deck where WWII ended
- Learn of the Kamikaze dent
- Enjoy the many exhibits
- Witness the U.S.S. Oklahoma Memorial
What you’ll do: Board the shuttle to Ford Island, and explore the world’s most famous battleship--the “Mighty Mo.” Walk the deck of this famous battleship and stand beneath the main turrets--huge cannons capable of firing a shell over 20 miles. Then “go below” and explore where crews lived and worked. You’ll marvel at the dent caused by a crashing Kamikaze plane and even see the exact spot where WWII in the Pacific Ended. This amazing tour of the USS Missouri includes an expert historical tour guide narration.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Time Spent at Location: 2 hours approx.
- 2-story flight of stairs onto the deck. There are also two elevators on the entry Bro.
- Ladders are steep & handholds can be difficult.
- Should be able to walk 4 city blocks
Board the U.S.S. Bowfin Submarine
- Board the “Pearl Harbor Avenger” Submarine
- Tour the WWII Submarine Museum
What you’ll do: Navigate the tight corridors of the U.S.S. Bowfin Submarine, “Pearl Harbor Avenger” - the most decorated submarine in U.S. history and tour the WWII Submarine Museum.
WWII Valor in the Pacific National Park
Difficulty Level: Easy
Time Spent at Location: 1 hour approx.
- There are very tight quarters below deck
- Not recommended for people with claustrophobia or people not able to stand for long periods of time.
Pick up location
Your Tour Guide Will Meet You Outside the Inter Island Terminal at the Honolulu Airport.
What to Bring
- Government issued Identification (Passports for visitors outside US)
- Wear Covered Shoes and Comfortable clothes (Shirts Are Required)
- No Swim Suits
- No Bags (all bags must be stored for a fee of 3.00 per bag)
- Water, snacks and ice cream are available to purchase at Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, Dole Pineapple Plantation, and Polynesian Cultural Center
Tour Days: Daily
No Bags (all bags must be stored for a fee of 3.00 per bag) *Tour Pick-Up and Return Times approximate
Tour Guides and Transportation
Hawaii Best Tour Guides
Our unrivaled customer service comes from our hand selected professional tour guides. Each guide must maintain the highest standards in safety, knowledge of Hawaiian history, professionalism and discretion certified by local iconic company Discover Hawaii Tours.
Our tour vehicles adhere to the highest standards of quality and maintenance with exceptional service, featuring an immaculately clean fleet of luxurious and well-equipped tour mini buses. Reclining seats and powerful air-conditioning provide maximum comfort on all tours.
Blackout Dates: Pearl Harbor is Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, & New Year’s Day December 14, 2014: Honolulu Marathon •All Oahu tours will not operate • Maui & Big Island tours will operate on their normal schedules
Disclaimer: Discover Hawai‘i Tours is not responsible for and will not extend financial reimbursement for delays, traffic, inclement weather, or mechanical problems. Seasons and climate conditions may affect tour stops. Our company will not share or exchange online information you provide (including email addresses).
Pearl Harbor Tours Disclaimer: Discover Hawai‘i Tours is not responsible for and will not extend financial reimbursement for delays, traffic, inclement weather, or mechanical problems and/or breakdowns of Navy shuttle boats at the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial. Discover Hawai‘i Tours is not responsible for long lines and delays, which occur frequently at the National Park as the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial is operated on a first, come first served basis each day. Discover Hawai‘i Tours is not responsible and will not offer any refunds if guests do not gain entry to the Arizona Memorial, movie or other sights due to a large number of visitors on a given day.
Inter-Island Tours Disclaimer: Tours that involve inter-island flights, we are required by Federal law to provide the Transportation Security Administration the full names, date of birth and gender of all passengers. U.S. citizens must present a current government issued pictured ID and international visitors are required to have a valid passport. Regrettably, we are unable to refund any portion of the tour due to non-compliance of these federal regulations. For more information, please visit: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm
Cancellation Policy: Relax & maintain peace of mind with our “100% money back guarantee” policy! Our Guarantee: Receive a 100% refund if your plans change for any reason at least 48 hours prior to tour departure date. No cancellation penalties*, No service fees, No processing fees & No change fees. *Reservations cancelled within 48 hours of tour departure date are non-refundable.
Tours with Airfare: Due to airline tickets restrictions, inter-island tours are non-refundable. Airline tickets are non-changeable and non-transferable.
Our Promise: At Discover Hawaii Tours, we believe that we are on Earth to enable each of our guests to discover the magic of Hawai‘i and experience the Spirit of Aloha. We create emotional connections with our guests by promising and delivering the best part of their vacation!